wxMaxima is a cross platform GUI for the computer algebra system Maxima based on wxWidgets.
- 2D formatted math display: wxMaxima implements its own math display engine to nicely display maxima output.
- Menu system: most Maxima commands are available through menus. Most used functions are also available through a button panel below the document.
- Dialogs: commands which require more that one argument can be entered through dialogs so that there is no need to remember the exact syntax.
- Create documents: text can be mixed with math calculations to create documents. Documents can be saved and edited again later.
- Animations: version 0.7.4 adds support for simple animations.
- Command completion: version 0.8.4 adds command completion and templates for Maxima functions and variables.